We love a bit of pineapple on our savoury dishes - the sweet n salt feeling in the mouth is food heaven! Here's our recipe for some funky skewers... 🍍
Ingredients for 4 people;
For the BBQ sauce;
120ml apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. Devil’s Pleasure Hot Sauce
150g packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. of runny honey
1 tbsp. of Adam’s Original Spice Mix
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
1 pineapple, diced
500g diced pork
2 green bell peppers, chopped into chunks
2 red onion, chopped into chunks
Salt and pepper, to taste
Large skewer sticks
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients for the BBQ sauce, including Devil’s Pleasure Hot Sauce, Adam’s Original Spice Mix and dried Ring of Fire chilli pepper, and whisk together over a medium heat. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat then simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce will continue to thicken on standing.
- Coat the pork entirely in the BBQ sauce. You can marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight if preferred.
- Take the pork out of the fridge roughly 20 minutes before cooking to allow time to come to room temperature. During this time, you can coat the remaining skewer ingredients in the BBQ sauce, or put the skewers together first then brush with the remaining sauce.
- Put the skewers together! Try alternating as much as possible between the pork, pineapple, pepper and red onion to get as much variety of flavours as possible. We think the pork and pineapple go best right next to each other! (Tip: soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes prior to cooking to prevent them from burning on the BBQ grill)
- Grill the skewers for about 15 minutes in order to cook the pork through and char the pineapple. Remember to turn onto a new side every 3-4 minutes to ensure an even cook.
- Serve and enjoy!