Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 hours
It's hunting season! This meal is great because you can cook it altogether in one dish and it's easy peasy! It tastes great and is a nice, warm meal for these cold winter evenings.
1 whole rabbit, skinned and jointed
1 red onion, chopped
12 small new potatoes, halved
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
A handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
200ml of vegetable stock
1 Dried Ring of Fire, chopped
50g pine nuts
150ml red wine
1 tablespoon of runny honey
2 sprigs of rosemary
½ teaspoon of ground cloves
3 bay leaves
A small loaf of brown seeded bread
- Start by browning the rabbit in a pan with a tbsp. of oil over a medium-high heat, turning occasionally before moving to an ovenproof casserole dish once golden brown all over.
- Add the remaining oil to the casserole dish along with the onion, potatoes, carrots and vegetable stock then place in the oven for about ten minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dish and cook for a further hour then check. When it is done, the rabbit should be tender and fall off the bone easily.
- Get a few slices of bread (either just buttered or from the toaster) & pile onto a small plate to go alongside the meat.
- Place the rabbit & veggies onto a warm dish & enjoy!!