135g of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp. caster sugar
130ml of milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp. melted butter
Adam’s Original Apple Chilli Jelly and 2 tbsp. apple sauce to serve
Adam’s Original Pear Chilli Jelly with toffee sauce
Adam’s Original Grape Chilli Jelly with fruit compote
- Preheat the oven to 170C and place an ovenproof plate in. This will be used to keep the pancakes warm whilst cooking
- In a bowl, sift in the flour, then whisk in the baking powder, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter with the milk, a tbsp. of Adam’s Original Chilli Jam (flavour of your choice – we chose pear!) and egg. Add the first mixture to this one, then combine well. Be sure not to whisk too much as this will impact the consistency of the pancakes.
- Heat a small frying pan with a little butter. Using a ladle, pour a good helping of the mixture into the pan and cook on one side for about a minute. Flip the pancake over once it begins to bubble slightly and cook the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Place the cooked pancake on the ovenproof plate and repeat the above steps until all your mixture has been used, then serve warm when ready.
- We loved these pancakes with some of our Adam’s Original Apple Chilli Jelly and some apple sauce, but we think it also tastes great using our Adam’s Original Pear Chilli Jelly with toffee sauce or our Adam’s Original Grape Chilli Jelly with fruit compote!
- Whichever you decide, we’re sure you will love it! Dig in and enjoy!