Stuck for ideas? We're here to help! Here are 3 different breakfast in bed ideas for you to serve this Mother's Day!❤️
Apple Rose Pastry
Prep Time: 10-20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
1 whole red apple, cored
1 x 215g rolled puff pastry
3 tbsp. Cinnamon sugar (or more, based on preference)
Butter for greasing ramekin dishes
2-3 tbsp. melted butter for brushing pastry
1 lemon, squeezed and pips removed
Icing sugar to decorate
Adam’s Original Apple Chilli Jelly to serve
- Core the apple and slice thinly. Put the apple slices into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds, until soft. Remove and cover with a hand towel to keep the heat in.
- Cut the puff pastry into two and roll out in a strip approximately 2 inch wide.
- Brush the pastry with the melted butter, squeeze the lemon juice then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar all over. Place the apple slices on to the pastry, overlapping slightly as you lay each one.
- Once you have laid all the apple slices down, you need to roll the pasties from one end to the other, slowly, making sure the apple slices stay in place as you do so. Once this has been done, you should have two beautiful looking ‘roses’!
- Carefully pop the roses into the greased ramekin dishes then place in the centre of a preheated oven at 200C for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Once ready, take out the oven and sprinkle with a little icing sugar. Serve with a lovely helping of our Adam’s Original Apple Chilli Jelly! Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 avocado, stoned, peeled and cut in half
1 mango, stoned, peeled and chopped
1 apple, cored and chopped
1 tbsp. of Adam’s Original Pear Chilli Jelly
100ml almond milk
50g of mixed berries and a few almonds to serve
- Prepare all fruits by peeling, coring, stoning and cutting into small chunks that is easy to blend, then add all but the mixed berries to your blender. Blend until you get a smooth, thick consistency like a yogurt.
- Decorate with the berries (or swap for your favourite fruit!) and the almonds and serve!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
2 slices of thick bread
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. butter
Adam’s Original Pear Chilli Jelly, to serve
Other desired toppings, such as honey, maple syrup, mixed berries, sliced banana etc.
- In a bowl, beat the egg well, then add the milk, vanilla and cinnamon together. Dip the slices of bread in the mixture and cover completely on both sides. Allow the bread to soak for a couple of minutes to absorb as much of the liquid as possible.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and place the bread into the pan. Cook for roughly 4-5 minutes on each side – be careful not to burn – until a nice golden colour.
- Serve the toast how you like! We think our Adam’s Original Apple Chilli Jelly pairs particularly well with this recipe! You can also top with assorted fruits for presentation.
We hope your mum will love this delicious breakfast! We would LOVE to see you create this recipe too – if you do, make sure you tag us in the picture so we can see and share!