Chinese New Year is just around the corner, so to celebrate we have put together a tasty recipe for the popular dish, chicken chow mein, using our British chilli products! This is a very quick, easy and tasty meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
150g egg noodles
2 tbsp. of Adam’s Original Chilli Infused Organic Olive Oil
2 tbsp. of soy sauce
2 chicken breast
1 dried Ring Of Fire Chilli Pepper, chopped
½ teaspoon of ground cloves
2 star anise
50g runner beans
1 spring onion, chopped
Ground black pepper
Pinch of salt
- Prepare the chicken by cutting into strips then marinating in a bowl with the soy sauce for 5 minutes.
- Boil the noodles in a pan of slightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes whilst the chicken is marinating. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold running water.
- In a wok, heat up the olive oil then add the chicken. Add the ground cloves and cook until the chicken is brown.
- Add the beansprouts, runner beans and spring onion to the chicken and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, then add the noodles to the wok and season with black pepper, star anise and any remaining soy sauce.
- Stir-fry for a couple more minutes.
- Dish up onto a plate, top with chopped dried chillies & enjoy!