Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
300g plain flour
A pinch of salt
175g brown sugar
200g unsalted butter
450g cooking apples
50g brown sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
- Mix together the flour, salt and brown sugar in a bowl, then rub the butter into the mixture in small chunks until you get a consistency that resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apples with the Apple Chilli Jelly and the remaining brown sugar and plain flour. Be careful when mixing not to break up the fruit.
- Butter an ovenproof dish, spoon the mixture for the filling into the dish then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 40-45 minutes. When done, it should be piping hot all the way through with a golden-brown crumble on top.
- Serve with ice cream, custard, cream or a little more of our Apple Chilli Jelly! Enjoy.